Today, research is being conducted in various domains including pure science, engineering, MBA, etc. While many research domains are contributing to the existing knowledge or the society for a long time, there are a few other fields which have emerged as the hottest research field. And one such domain is architecture. Yes, you read it right. Architecture is one of the blooming concepts in the research field.
After completion of the research, the strenuous task a scholar faces is crafting a research paper. That is, for an architect, the toughest job in his research journey would be defining and penning down his/her study. Writing a research paper involves various steps and the first step towards reaching the goal is crafting an exceptional synopsis.
A synopsis is nothing but a short, systematic outline of the proposed study, that gives the supervisor a clear picture of study and enable him/her to spot gaps that have not been taken into account. In the architectural field, a synopsis includes:
- Introduction – Like any other domain, this field too includes an introduction as the first section of a research paper. Here briefly explain the architectural/technological/social significance of the study. Be precise and incorporate relevant background materials in this section.
- Objectives, scope and limitations – Precisely state the questions for which you would like to seek an answer. Define the analytical, experimental, conceptual, and/or methodological boundaries within which the research will be carried out. Also explain the limitations of your study and the difficulties involved in performing the research.
- Description of the research work – Considering the limitations and difficulties, precisely identify the architecturally suitable area and extent of study attempted by you. In addition, provide a detailed explanation on how you are seeking architectural solutions and how the case studies will assist you in identifying the solutions. You must also clear the role of literature studies/experiments/observations and define the detailed methodology to be adopted that lead you towards the solutions.
- Summary of the study – Highlight significant conclusions you are working towards. Explain the advantages arising out of the study and the architectural advancement you are seeking via your research paper. If you need some assistance in writing this section, consider approaching professional offering PhD synopsis writing services in Bangalore.
- List of case studies – List the case studies and indicate why you have selected the particular case study. Also mention the ease or difficulty of approach, acquiring information from the case studies.
- Project site – As per the writers providing PhD synopsis writing services in Bangalore, one should include a suitable, possible site for the research proposal where the solutions can be carried out. Although the project site may or may not be a live one but must be suitable for the chosen project.
Your synopsis is one of the critical deciding factors which tell your supervisor what he/she can expect from the study, what makes it unique, and is the topic researchable.